Updated November 1, 2018
Welcome to tzedakah.io. You must read and agree to these terms and conditions before you may access or view our website. Please read them carefully. By visiting the tzedakah.io, website you are agreeing to its terms. This Agreement is subject to change at any time and changes are effective upon posting. Please bookmark this page and check it frequently as it is up to you to refer to this page for any amendments/changes to the original Agreement.
1. Tzedakah Foundation has partnered with a Canadian tax deductible nonprofit “Jewish Russian Community Center” to allow tax deductible donations from Canadian donors. Donations from Canada are transferred to this organizations for tax purposes, and our system automatically provides them with the tax deductible receipts. The organization then transfers the donation to the verifiable needy person’s or charity’s account.
2. Tzedakah Foundation is a Canadian registered non-profit organization, and is operator and owner of the “tzedakah.io” website with the addresses www.tzedakah.io (the “Site”).
3. How much does it cost? Tzedakah Foundation is a not for profit enterprise and as such does not charge a subscription fee, registration fee, or charge per donation. All of Tzedakah Foundation services are offered for free except the verification and validation of the needed people and families, credit card processing fee and a small amount to cover the costs of the automatic digital receipts, credit charge fee, and transfers.
4. Eligibility: You must be 13 or over to register as a member of or use tzedakah.io. Membership in the service is void where prohibited. By using and/or viewing this site, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of its terms and conditions, that you are at least 13-years old, and that you are not prohibited by law from using the Site.
5. Stage à Ground-Zero – for Alpha customers - Non-Commercial Use by Members/Viewers: This tzedakah.io website is for the personal use of Alpha Users. Individual members and viewers only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors at this time. This policy will change after launch to be fully commercial based rollout. For now, organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not become members of this tzedakah.io site and shall not use the tzedakah.io service or site for any purpose including but not limited to: sending unsolicited commercial e-mail to members, sending advertisements for other web sites and services in this site’s chat rooms, comment sections, or using member personal identifying information for commercial purposes. Illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the site, including unauthorized framing of or linking to the site or the sending of unsolicited commercial email will be investigated, and appropriate legal action will be taken, including without limitation, civil, criminal, and injunctive redress and/or termination of membership at tzedakah.io’s discretion. In order to prevent the sending of unsolicited commercial email or chat messages to its members, tzedakah.io may take reasonable steps, including the limiting of the numbers of emails or chat messages sent or received by a member and electronically filtering or throttling or terminating e-mail and chat messages at tzedakah.io ‘s sole discretion.
6. Proprietary Rights of Content on tzedakah.io: tzedakah.io owns and retains other proprietary rights in the tzedakah.io site and the tzedakah.io service. The site contains the material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of tzedakah.io, and its licensors. Except for that information which is in the public domain or for which you have been given permission, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any such proprietary information.
o You are solely responsible for the content that you publish or display (hereinafter, “post”) on the tzedakah.io, or transmit to other tzedakah.io.
o tzedakah.io will investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the site or service and terminating the membership of such violators. The following is a partial list of the kind of content that is illegal or prohibited on the site – it includes content that: is patently offensive to the online community, such as content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual; harasses or advocates harassment of another person or invades their privacy; providing or creating computer viruses; solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users; You must use the tzedakah.io service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
o You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained herein without our prior expressed written permission. You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to bypass or to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the tzedakah.io website. You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. Much of the information on our site is updated on a real time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to tzedakah.io by our users or third parties.
o You may not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other members to buy or sell any products or services through the service. You will not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other tzedakah.io members. Although tzedakah.io cannot monitor the conduct of its members off the tzedakah.io , it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any member without their prior explicit consent.
o Your profile (and its contents) may be searchable by, and you may be able to search for the profiles (and their contents) of, members registered to other tzedakah.io operated and “powered by” websites, e.g. co-branded, privately labeled, etc. This feature may allow you to interact with additional members of tzedakah.io websites.
o Your profile (and the contents thereof) may be searchable by third-party publicly available search engines.
7. Copyright Policy/DMCA Notice: You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights or otherwise have a valid basis under the law, including “fair use”. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the tzedakah.io service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information consistent with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA): an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the our site including the URLs of web pages and/or hyperlinks; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. tzedakah.io‘s Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement or those under the DMCA can be reached as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org It is the intention of tzedakah.io to fully comply with the DMCA, including the Notice and “take down” provisions and to benefit from the safe harbors immunizing it from liability to the fullest extent provided by law, and to the extent the Notice and “take down” requirements above deviate from the requirements under the DMCA then the Notice requirements as provided by the DMCA shall control and are herein incorporated by reference.
8. Member Disputes: tzedakah.io does not solicit or control the information provided by other users that is made available through our system. You may find other user’s information to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate and/or deceptive. If so, please request a profile review using the link provided on the member’s profile page or at tzedakah.io other places throughout the website. Please also use caution, common sense, and safety when using our site. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other tzedakah.io members. Because it is not involved in member interactions, in the event that you have a dispute with one or more members or those who have posted, viewed and/or used information on the tzedakah.io website, you release tzedakah.io including its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries and employees, from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
9. Disclaimers: tzedakah.io including its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries and employees is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate content posted on the tzedakah.io website or in connection with the tzedakah.io service, whether caused by users, members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the service, nor for the conduct of any user and/or member of the tzedakah.io service whether online or offline. tzedakah.io, assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user and/or member communications. tzedakah.io is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to users and/or members or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the tzedakah.io website and/or in connection with the tzedakah.io service. Under no circumstances tzedakah.io be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s use of the Site or the service and/or any content posted on the tzedakah.io site or transmitted to tzedakah.io Members. The Site and the service are provided “AS-IS” and tzedakah.io , expressly disclaims any warranty of fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement. tzedakah.io cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the site and/or the tzedakah.io service.
10. Limitation on Liability: Except in jurisdictions where such provisions are restricted (and in that event liability is disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law), in no event will tzedakah.io be liable to you or any third person for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special or punitive damages, including also lost profits arising from your use of the Site or the tzedakah.io service, even tzedakah.io has been advised of the possibility of such damages. You further agree to hold tzedakah.io, including its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries and employees harmless for claims arising in the event that other user’s profile ultimately proves to be offensive, harmful, inaccurate and/or deceptive. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, tzedakah.io ‘s liability to you for any cause whatsoever, and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to the amount paid, if any, by you to tzedakah.io for the service during the term of membership.
11. U.S. Export Controls: Software from this site is further subject to United States export controls. No software from this Site may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using the Software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
Notices/Other: Except as explicitly stated
otherwise, any notices shall be given by email to:Webmaster
email@example.com Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, tzedakah.io may give you notice by certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested, to the address provided to tzedakah.io during the registration process. In such case, notice shall be given 3 days after the date of mailing. You agree that this Agreement and all incorporated Agreements may be automatically assigned by tzedakah.io in our sole discretion, to a third party. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. References to tzedakah.io shall include its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees. tzedakah.io failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.